Marcus started building websites at age 10 and, by age 25, had built a multi-million-pound portfolio of online businesses with no outside funding.
Like most teenagers, Marcus didn’t know what he wanted to be when he grew up. He did know he loved music, so he DJ’d on weekends, converted his mum’s care-home into a recording studio when it was empty, and taught himself to code websites for bands.
Unbeknown to him at the time, these side-hustles gave Marcus a taste of entrepreneurship and digital marketing that would turn out to be invaluable.
Instead of going to university, Marcus spent his late teenage years working at an Oxford-based digital marketing agency where he shadowed and was mentored by one of the UK’s most respected search marketers, Kevin Gibbons.
Marcus founded Venture Harbour in 2012 after one of the websites he built took off, reaching over 300,000 people per year.
Since then, Marcus and his team have built nine ventures that run on autopilot and are 100% funded by the best type of investor there is: paying customers.
Marcus is now on a mission to grow Venture Harbour, helping millions of entrepreneurs and marketers in the process, while creating one of the best places to work for tech and marketing talent in the UK.
Press & awards:
Marcus has won numerous entrepreneurship awards and regularly speaks at conferences such as TEDx on the importance of getting out of your comfort zone, why entrepreneurs should not take investment, and how to build profitable businesses that run on autopilot.
- University of Oxford: Interview w/ Marcus Taylor on entrepreneurship
- The Drum: Marcus Taylor on playing the long game to build brand value
- Campaign Magazine: Marcus Taylor on Contextual Advertising
- Digital Agency Marketing [Podcast]: How to Create a High-Converting Lead Capture Form
- The Guardian named Marcus ‘A Rising Star’ in the digital media industry
- UK Search Awards: Winner of ‘Young Professional of the Year’
- MIDEM: Winner of ‘Visionary of the Year’
- The Awesome Foundation: Winner of a grant for developing the world’s first scientifically valid web app for measuring comfort zones.
Marcus has delivered guest lectures and keynotes across Europe, Asia, and Australia for Oxford Brookes University, TEDx, International Finance Expo, MIDEM, Mindvalley, One World Summit, and many more.
To discuss an interview, speaking or press enquiry, please contact our PR team by clicking the button below.